New charge for kidnap, torture suspect Wilson; allegedly made gun threat New Year’s morning in Gloversville

Justin J. Wilson

Justin J. Wilson

GLOVERSVILLE – One of two people accused of kidnapping a woman and torturing her over six days is now accused of threatening someone with a gun in Gloversville hours after authorities said the woman’s ordeal began, according to new allegations Monday.

Justin J. Wilson, 31, of Amsterdam, was formally charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a felony.

The charge relates to allegations Wilson possessed a “RUGER .22 Caliber Assault Rifle” at a First Avenue residence just after 2 a.m. Jan. 1, according to the new allegations filed in court.

He then is accused of menacing that victim with the gun “when he threatened to use it against him if he didn’t call the upstairs tenant,” according to the allegations filed.

In a release issued Monday afternoon, police indicated members of the department responded to a disorderly conduct complaint at a residence in Gloversville and they learned in their investigation that Wilson had displayed an AR-15 style weapon, and threatened to use it against someone at the residence.

Then, on Jan. 11, days after his arrest in the kidnapping case, detectives and officers followed up on leads as to the location of the weapon used during the Jan. 1 incident and they ultimately found the firearm at a location outside of Gloversville, the release read.

The new weapons charge against Wilson comes about two months after he and his kidnapping and torture co-defendant Nicole K. Elmore, 35, also of Amsterdam, were accused of holding a woman captive for six days, physically and sexually torturing her.

Wilson and Elmore each face first-degree kidnapping, first-degree assault and first-degree aggravated sexual abuse counts, among others, in the kidnapping case. Those charges remain pending.

While the new weapons charge does not mention the kidnapping case, the time and date of the new allegations place it near the beginning of the kidnapping and torture allegations.

The victim told police she was taken captive by the pair New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, as she arrived at a West Fulton Street home in Gloversville, according to her account filed previously.

Wilson pushed his way into that home holding a gun and soon forced the victim into an SUV, the account read.

With the new weapons count, Wilson is now accused of brandishing a gun early the next morning on First Avenue. The release issued Monday focused on the weapons case and did not reference the kidnapping and torture case.

The kidnapping and torture of the woman did not end for another six days, until she was driven to a location on Eagle Street in Gloversville, where Wilson got out and she took her chance to flee, she told authorities, her statement read.

Categories: Fulton Montgomery Schoharie, News


No Comment.