SCHENECTADY – The first Downtown Schenectady Tater Trot will be held Saturday, offering a variety of potato-based dishes for $1 per sample.
The Tater Trot will run from noon-4 p.m. at 22 participating restaurants and will offer a variety of tater treats. The event is being held by the Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corporation (DSIC).
“The Tater Trot was born from a discussion with Downtown Schenectady’s restaurants about expanding the great success of our fall Wing Walk and winter Soup Stroll into a spring food event,” Jim Salengo, executive director of the DSIC, said in a statement.
Potato enthusiasts may pick up an event map at any participating location or print an online PDF copy.
Tater Trotters can vote for their favorite by sampling at least 11 potato dishes and having their map marked by restaurants, filling out the ballot on their map, and then placing the ballot in a Tater Trot Drop Box by 4:15 p.m. at one of five locations around downtown. Drop box locations are shown on the Tater Trot map.
“Potatoes came out on top as the clear fan favorite in a social media poll earlier this year, and our restaurants have truly stepped up the challenge to create a mouthwatering variety of potato-based treats,” Salengo said in a statement.
The following restaurants are participating in the 2023 Downtown Schenectady Tater Trot:
- Ambition Coffee & Eatery – Potato Beer and Cheese Soup
- Annabel’s Pizza Co. at Frog Alley – Caribbean Tatchos
- Armory Studios NY – Armory Potato and Bacon Hash
- Backstage Pub – Tater Tot Pork Belly Fondue
- Bittersweet Candy – Fish & Chips Bark (Swedish Fish and Potato Chips)
- Canvas, Corks & Forks – Golden Mashed Potatoes w/Smoked Gouda, Red Onion and a Honey Pecan BBQ Drizzle
- Centre Street Pub – Loaded Ukranian Deruny’s
- Chez Nous – Pulled Pork & Green Onion Potato Croquette
- Cornells in Little Italy – Best Ever Parmesan Garlic Potato Skewers
- Drumming Crabs – Cajun Fries
- Executive Lounge – Potato and Egg Salad
- Katie O’Byrne’s Irish Pub & Restaurant – Corned Beef Hash Tater Tots
- Manhattan Exchange – Crispy Fried “Fancy” Potatoes w/Chorizo, Lime Chive Crema
- Maria’s Cafe and Catering – Poutine & Pulled Pork
- MORE PERRECA’S Italian Kitchen – Decadent Bacon & Buttermilk Infused Mashed Potatoes
- Nico’s Pizzeria – “Filthy Phil’s” Fiesta Potato Casserole
- Pho Queen – Potato Massaman Curry
- Simone’s Kitchen – Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus Plate
- SUNY Schenectady Food Truck (behind Proctors) – Sweet Potato Beignet over Coconut and Yellow Jack Fruit Cream w/Pistachio Dust
- Take Two Cafe – Ginger Scallion Potato Pancake Topped w/Kimchi, Sour Cream & Black Sesame Seeds
- Tara Kitchen – Loaded Potato Patty
- Union Inn – “Janet’s Drunken” Beer Cheese Tots
GAZETTE COVERAGEEnsure access to everything we do, today and every day, check out our subscribe page at DailyGazette.com/Subscribe
More from The Daily Gazette:
Categories: Business, Email Newsletter, News, News, Schenectady, Schenectady County