Firefighters from several companies battled a house fire at 224 Fillmore Ave. this morning.
The fire started in a shed 10 feet from the house and quickly spread to the main, single-family structure, according to an official from the Stanford Heights Fire Department. He said the fire appears to be accidental.
One firefighter from the Stanford Heights Fire Department was injured when a ceiling collapsed. He was taken to Ellis Hospital for tests, but was expected to be released this afternoon.
Responding to the blaze were firefighters from Stanford Heights, Niskayuna Fire Districts 1 and 2, Maplewood and Carman.