Eleven people were taken to the hospital early this morning for carbon monoxide poisoning from a basement generator used to power the home.
Firefighters were called to 77-79 Brookside Ave., around 4 a.m. for reports of a child who had woken up in the middle of the night vomiting.
National Grid had cut the power to the two-family home, that was occupied by the one family, and they were using a portable generator in the basement as a power source.
The entire family, ranging in age from 7 months to 24 years, was transported to St. Mary's Hospital for treatment. Two were then transported to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse.
Fire Chief Richard Liberti said a 2-year-old had a 31 percent reading of carbon monoxide in its body, which he said was extremely high.
Upon further inspection, fire department officials noticed several other code violations at the building. The homeowner lives out of the area.
The condition of the family members is unavailable at this time.