A Ballston Spa man pleaded guilty Tuesday to robbing the Adirondack Trust Co. bank branch in Ballston.
Nigel R. Guy, 32, is expected to get 10 years in prison and five years of post-release supervision when he is sentenced in January.
He pleaded guilty to felony second-degree robbery in connection with the May 23 robbery on Route 50. He admitted to stealing cash and displaying what appeared to be a pistol.
Saratoga County sheriff’s deputies identified the car Guy was driving right after the robbery; they caught him when he crashed into a vehicle near Galway and Middle Line roads in Milton.
All the cash was recovered at the crash scene, authorities said.
The Ballston Spa Central School District locked down its buildings after the robbery until Guy was caught; the bank is near the district’s main campus on Ballston Avenue.
Also recently in Saratoga County Court:
u A Warren County man was sentenced Friday to six months in Saratoga County jail for sending naked pictures of himself to a 14-year-old girl.
Philip W. DeBlois, 57, of Connecticut Avenue, Queensbury, also was sentenced to five years of probation in the incident.
He pleaded guilty in September to felony second-degree disseminating indecent material to minors. The girl lived in the town of Saratoga, police said, and he sent the pictures to her in January.
Police alleged when he was arrested in March that DeBlois described himself as a 15-year-old boy named “Adam” after making contact with the girl on Facebook. Her concerned parents called police after they discovered the girl was receiving photos of a naked man on her cellphone.
• Gary Karnbach, 53, of 630 Main St., Corinth, was sentenced Friday to one year in the Saratoga County jail for aggravated unlicensed operation and felony and misdemeanor driving while intoxicated charges. He was arrested in March in Corinth.
• David P. Brown, 32, 1090 Western Ave., Albany, pleaded guilty Tuesday to felony DWI in connection with a traffic stop in August in Malta. He is scheduled to be sentenced in January.
• Scott W. Johnson Jr., 32, of 133 County Route 76, Stillwater, pleaded guilty Tuesday to DWI. State police arrested him in July in Halfmoon. He is slated for sentencing in January.
• Thomas Patnode, 21, of 18 Denkers Drive, Clifton Park, pleaded guilty Tuesday to felony possessing a sexual performance by a child. State police arrested him in July. His sentencing is scheduled for January.
• Jeremy B. English, 40, of 106-E Turf Trailer Park, Clifton Park, was sentenced Tuesday to one year in the Saratoga County jail on a felony driving while ability impaired by drugs charge from January 2011 in Halfmoon. He pleaded guilty in September of this year.
• Nicholas J. Cassillo, 29, of 40 Church Ave., Ballston Spa, was sentenced Tuesday to nine months in the Saratoga County jail after he admitted to a probation violation for a January DWI conviction.
• Garrett McNulty, 25, of 245 Woodlawn Ave., Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Thursday to five years of probation for a felony first-degree identity theft charge from February in Malta. He pleaded guilty to the charge in September.
• Michael B. Hare, 38, of 540 County Route 76, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Thursday to time already served in jail and five years’ probation for a felony second-degree assault charge. He was charged in February in Malta and pleaded guilty in September.