A Stillwater man was sentenced to three years in state prison for trying to sell crack cocaine.
William B. Shafer, 26, of 13 Ferry Lane, also was sentenced Tuesday to three years of post-release supervision.
Authorities said he tried to sell crack cocaine in October in Stillwater. The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office narcotics unit arrested him as part of an investigation in the village.
Shafer pleaded guilty in December to felony third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance.
In a separate case, he was sentenced to one year in Saratoga County Jail concurrent with his state prison sentence for failing to report an address change within 10 days.
Also Tuesday in Saratoga County Court:
• Tori Spina, 24, of 536 Acland Boulevard, Ballston Spa, pleaded guilty to felony second-degree vehicular assault. She was charged in May in Saratoga Springs with hitting another car head-on while she was drunk.
The accident on Brook Street seriously injured a woman. Spina is scheduled for sentencing in April.
• William J. Barber, 50, of 378 Leroux Road, Middle Grove, was sentenced to time already served in jail and 10 years’ probation for felony first-degree attempted sexual abuse. He pleaded guilty to that charge in October after an incident that happened in July in Milton.
• James M. McFarland, 43, of 2 Carousel Court, Ballston Spa, pleaded guilty to felony driving while intoxicated in July in Saratoga Springs. He is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
• Rogerio Torres, 31, of 10 Lawmar Lane, Burnt Hills, pleaded guilty to felony second-degree attempted assault and is scheduled to be sentenced in April. State police charged him in October in Ballston.
• Royal D. Hamilton, 31, no address given, was indicted on three felony drug counts and one misdemeanor in connection with an alleged incident in September in Malta. Hamilton faces one count each of third-degree, fourth-degree and fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, all felonies, and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.