From a Duanesburg High School student who landed a part in the film, to a Schenectady couple who offered their home for filming scenes, the Schenectady County community played a large role in the making of "The Place Beyond the Pines."
A special four-page section in today's print editions of The Daily Gazette focuses on the involvement of local people as well as the places that served as shooting locations. It also takes a look at how the film came to be made in Schenectady.
The following are stories contained in today's section:
• Area backdrop lent realism to sweeping saga ‘The Place Beyond the Pines’
• Plot ties to city police troubles ‘tenuous at best’
• Trip to premiere a surreal experience for 2 Union students
• Bradley Cooper’s son played by Charlton twins
• Glenville cycle shop owner, director had a mutual respect
• Duanesburg High student gets role, and maybe a career
• Couple's Schenectady residence featured prominently in film
• Some notable landmarks used in the filming
• Special screening precedes national release