A suicide forced six other people to go to Samaritan Hospital Tuesday, police said.
They said they were called at 6 a.m. to the Colvin Circle student housing complex. There, they found an RPI student who had committed suicide, using household chemicals.
Six people, including an RPI public safety officer, were exposed to the chemicals when they entered the victim’s room. All of them had to be taken to the hospital for precautionary treatment.
The student, whose name wasn’t released pending the notification of family, left behind a note warning people who found him to leave the room because of the toxic mix. Officials did not say what chemicals he used.
A hazmat team is working at the dorm to decontaminate the scene, and police said the work will take “quite some time.”