Subscriber login

News
What you need to know for 08/19/2017

Fire displaces family in Schenectady

Fire displaces family in Schenectady

A small fire in an electrical junction box displaced a family on Porter Street this morning, fire of

A small fire in an electrical junction box displaced a family on Porter Street this morning, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to 110 Porter St. just after 6 a.m. for a fire. They arrived to find the fire in a ceiling and were able to put it out with minimal damage, Deputy Fire Chief Michael Gillespie said. No injuries were reported.

The fire, though, requires the problem to be fixed and an inspection from the city Code Department before power can be turned back on and the residents can return home, Gillespie said.

Six people lived in the apartment, Gillespie said.

View Comments
Hide Comments
0 premium 1 premium 2 premium 3 premium 4 premium 5 premium 6 premium 7 premium article articles remaining SUBSCRIBE TODAY

You have reached your monthly premium content limit.

Continue to enjoy Daily Gazette premium content by becoming a subscriber.
Already a subscriber? Log In