Witchley, Davids join insurance firm
GLENVILLE — Marshall & Sterling Insurance has added Dave Witchley and Sean Davids to its regional staff.
Witchley comes to the firm with more than 15 years of sales experience, most recently with a national insurance carrier. A graduate of Utica College of Syracuse University with a bachelor of science degree in public relations, Witchley is an active community volunteer with a number of nonprofit and civic organizations in central New York.
Sean Davids has joined the Glenville property and casualty sales team after working for the Groups Benefits Division, where he coordinated benefits for a wide array of clients throughout New York state. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in health sciences from Castleton State College in Vermont and is an active member of the Schenectady County Chamber of Commerce.
The Glenville regional office has sub-offices in Schenectady, Glens Falls, Hoosick Falls and Syracuse.
Hospital staffs announce awards
TROY — The medical staffs of three St. Peter’s Health Partners facilities — Samaritan Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital of Troy, and Albany Memorial Hospital in Albany — have announced the recipients of the “2013 Awards for Caring, Collaboration and Communication” and “2013 Nurses of Distinction Awards” presented at the annual nurse/physician cocktail party.
The physician staffs of the three hospitals selected the following people for the “2013 Nurses of Distinction Awards”:
• Linda Amadon, RN, fifth-floor oncology/diabetes nursing unit, and Yvette Savaria, RN, emergency department, both of St. Mary’s Hospital.
• Stacy Callahan, RN, surgical services, and Suzanne Spinelli, RN, emergency department, both of Samaritan Hospital.
• Wendy Lancor, RN, fourth-floor telemetry/endocrine nursing unit, and Danielle Wemple, RN, emergency department, both of Albany Memorial Hospital.
The nursing staffs of the three hospitals selected the following physicians as recipients of the “2013 Awards for Caring, Collaboration and Communication”:
• Adam Suslak, MD, and Sarah Vogel, MD, both of Albany Memorial Hospital.
• Andrew Coates, MD, David Coletti, MD, and R. Scott Morris, MD, all of Samaritan Hospital.
• Robert Boska, MD, and Kanda Samychetty Perumal, MD, both of St. Mary’s Hospital.
Melodies Center receives $16,000
ALBAMY — Freihofer’s Run for Women and SportsSignup presented checks totaling more than $16,000 to Albany Medical Center Melodies Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders. The donations were a result of directed giving by participants in the annual Freihofer’s Run for Women and matching donations from SportsSignup through its “Kids Helping Kids” campaign.
The combined donations were more than double the amount raised by the event to benefit the Melodies Center in 2012.