A Saratoga Springs man has been indicted for allegedly robbing a couple in their car behind the Wilton McDonald’s restaurant in April.
John L. Zippo, 44, of 287 Maple Ave., was indicted Thursday on charges of felony first-degree burglary and misdemeanor fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said in April that Zippo met a man and his girlfriend in the parking lot to conduct a private sale of electronics, but during the transaction, he displayed a knife, demanded the man’s money and cellphone and threatened to harm the woman.
Zippo then fled on foot with the cellphone and several hundred dollars in cash to a vehicle parked near Hannaford, troopers said.
Also this week in Saratoga County Court:
• Richard M. Manning Jr., 22, of 43 Dewey Ave., Mechanicville, pleaded guilty Friday to committing third-degree burglary in February in Halfmoon.
• Wayne Bashwinger, 57, of 48 Whitney Road South, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Friday to five years’ probation for driving drunk in February in Malta.
• Juan Portuondo, 54, of 106 Burke Road, Saratoga Springs, was sentenced Friday to one year in prison and one year of post-release supervision for possessing marijuana in June 2012 in the town of Saratoga.
• Erich S. Ziegler, 30, of 1183 Peaceable St., Charlton, pleaded guilty Friday to first-degree reckless endangerment. Authorities said he committed the crime in July in Charlton.
• Donald J. Travis, 48, of 3248 Route 9, Saratoga Springs, pleaded guilty Thursday to felony failure to register as a sex offender.
• Michael Austro, 51, of 1202 Peaceable St., Ballston Spa, was indicted Thursday on one count of first-degree vehicular assault and two counts of second-degree vehicular assault, all felonies, and three misdemeanor counts of driving while intoxicated. Authorities charged Austro in connection with an accident in December in the town of Ballston.
• Mark J. Welden, 46, of the Robin Hood Motel, Ballston Spa, was indicted Thursday on a felony charge of aggravated DWI with a child in the vehicle and misdemeanor charges including two counts each of DWI, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child and one count of reckless driving. He was arrested in April in Greenfield.
• Damien Davis-Breuer, 17, of 39 Ash St., Saratoga Springs, pleaded guilty Thursday to third-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He was arrested in May in Wilton.
• Christopher G. Fisher, 40, of 264 County Route 71, town of Saratoga, pleaded guilty Thursday to driving drunk in January in the town of Saratoga.
• Kevin A. Burton, 31, of 100 Gordon Lane, Wilton, was sentenced Thursday to one year in the Saratoga County jail for committing first-degree criminal contempt, a felony, in February in Wilton.
• Jonathan E. Trow, 31, of 1152 Saratoga Road, Apt. 1B, Ballston Lake, was sentenced Thursday to 1 1/2 to three years in prison for fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. He committed the crime in August in Wilton.
• Suzanne H. MacDuff, 50, of Hudson Falls was sentenced Thursday to five days in the Saratoga County jail and five years’ probation for driving drunk in August in the town of Saratoga.
• Edward T. Nicoll, 47, of 1400 Crescent Road, No. 410, Clifton Park, was sentenced Thursday to five days in the Saratoga County jail and five years’ probation for driving drunk in December in Halfmoon.
• Aaron J. Elliott, 25, of Troy was indicted Thursday on felony charges of first-degree reckless endangerment and DWI and a misdemeanor count of unlawfully fleeing a police officer. He was arrested in January in Saratoga Springs.
• Matthew Eberlein, 45, of 42 Ruggles Road, Saratoga Springs, was indicted Thursday on three felony counts of DWI, including one count of aggravated DWI. He was arrested in April in Saratoga Springs.
• William Shafer, 26, of 13 Ferry Lane, Stillwater, was indicted Thursday on a felony charge of failure to register as a sex offender. In a separate indictment, he was charged with fourth-degree grand larceny for an alleged incident in December in Stillwater.