Cynthia Swanson was washing storm windows on a warm November day.
Grant Van Patten was on the job at WRGB television, taping a fashion show.
Marcia Davis was at a pep rally at Mohonasen High School.
They remember their actions and reactions on Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 — the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
As the nation marks the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's death, The Daily Gazette asked readers to send in their memories from that tragic day. Some 110 submissions were received.
The following stories are included in today's package:
• Our readers share memories of shock, sadness
• College student made trek to Washington for funeral
• More noteworthy reader submissions
• Dozens of additional reader memories
• A timeline of events from November 1963
• Death news sent 'wave of grief' around world
• Mementoes kept 50 years mark awful day
• For a moment, U.S. stopped to say farewell to JFK