The Gazette Arts staff looks back and presents its "best of 2013." Included are classical music, pop/rock and jazz, dance, visual arts, theater and restaurants.
Also featured are the top 10 movies of the year as selected by Roger Moore of The Associated Press.
• Classical music: There may have been fewer concerts, but plenty were exceptional
• Theater: These local stage productions generated plenty of applause
• Pop/rock: Some of the oldest names in music delivered some of the best shows
• Restaurants: Let’s eat! Dining establishments provided many satisfying visits
• Visual arts: Hyde Collection, miSci enjoyed banner year
• Dance: Reduced City Ballet presence felt at SPAC; ‘Sleeping Beauty’ a hit
• Jazz: Big performances extended beyond Freihofer’s fest
• Movies: 2013 a banner year for McConaughey