When people were in the mood for hamburgers and chicken dinners during the 1940s and 1950s, they were in the mood for Danny’s or the Ritz.
Music and passion were always in fashion at the Club — the 631 Night Club.
And if people wanted to eat at home, they might have shopped at Stark’s self service market on Eastern Parkway.
Danny’s restaurant was at 2035 State St. In 1952, according to the City Directory, the place was owned by Jack Goldstein. Alexander J. Gilbert Jr. was the proprietor in 1956.
The Ritz was on Van Vranken Avenue; the building is still used as a restaurant.
The 631, located at 631 State St., looked like a Hollywood night club — complete with a small stage at the front of the room.