Police believe the silent killer carbon monoxide is responsible for the death of a Schoharie County man found dead in his car earlier this month.
Sheriff Tony Desmond on Wednesday said an autopsy determined Mark Trendell, 35, died from carbon monoxide poisoning some time overnight Feb. 9 while sleeping in his car.
Authorities were called to an Orchard Street driveway after Trendell, who asked for permission to sleep in his car in the driveway, was found unresponsive the next morning.
Desmond said officials are still waiting for the results of toxicology testing.
Trendell, an avid outdoorsman, worked as a carpenter and was a member of the Esperance Elks.