Subscriber login

News
What you need to know for 02/22/2017

Blaze damages Niskayuna house

Blaze damages Niskayuna house

A Niskayuna family is homeless after a fire broke out at their two-story home Tuesday afternoon.
Blaze damages Niskayuna house
Niskayuna District 2 and Stanford Heights firefighters go to work at a house fire at 648 Maple Lane in Niskayuna Tuesday. The owner, who was home at the time of the fire, got out safely.
Photographer: Peter R. Barber

A Niskayuna family is homeless after a fire broke out at their two-story home Tuesday afternoon.

Niskayuna Fire District 2 Chief Charlie Friderici said the fire appears to have been started by a short circuit in a ceiling fan on the second floor of the home at 648 Maple Lane.

“It appears to be an accidental electrical fire,” he said. “The house is pretty close to a total loss.”

The call came in at 2:35 p.m. It took Niskayuna District 2 and Stanford Heights firefighters about 45 minutes to put the fire out. The owner of the house was home at the time, and got out fine, Friderici said. A family of four lived there.

View Comments
Hide Comments
You have 0 articles 1 articles 2 articles 3 articles 4 articles 5 articles 6 articles 7 articles remaining of Daily Gazette free premium content.

You have reached your monthly premium content limit.

Continue to enjoy Daily Gazette premium content by becoming a subscriber.
Already a subscriber? Log In