Firefighters doused a fire that ripped through the attic floor of a Duane Avenue house Sunday morning.
The fire was reported at 314 Duane Ave. around 7 a.m., and responders initially feared someone was trapped in the building. A deputy fire chief said there were no injuries reported and all of the inhabitants of the building were able to escape without help.
The fire left the attic of the two-story house badly damaged. Crews from neighboring Niskayuna and Scotia were put on standby as Schenectady firefighters extinguished the blaze.