A man doing asbestos abatement downtown fell from a ladder Tuesday afternoon, prompting firefighters to have to don hazardous materials suits to get him out and to the hospital, officials said.
The man fell about 8 feet from the ladder in an enclosed abatement area inside the First Niagara Bank on State Street, Deputy Chief Vincent Krawiecki said.
Firefighters had to put on Tyvek suits to go in and get the man out of the abatement area. They eventually put him on a backboard and took him to the hospital. The man’s condition was not available.