A 3-year-old boy is being credited by state police with saving a neighbor from a fire that broke out in the man’s apartment early Saturday.
Troopers said the boy, who was not identified, awoke his family after smelling smoke in their apartment at Fox Run Apartments just after 5 a.m. Family members then called 911 to summon firefighters and police.
Two troopers from the Clifton Park barracks and a Vischer Ferry firefighter evacuated neighboring apartments, including a 26-year-old man who was pulled from the apartment where the fire had started. Troopers said the unidentified man had fallen asleep after turning on his stove, causing a kitchen fire, and was still asleep as he was carried out. He was treated at the scene by Clifton Park-Halfmoon Ambulance and released, troopers said.
Damage was contained to the one apartment, troopers said, and no injuries were reported.