If you’re craving a full day of local music, head over to Troy today for Day 2 of the Restoration Festival.
Rest Fest, a nonprofit festival put together by the independent music cooperative B3nson, is in its fifth year. Last year, it moved from its original home at St. Joseph’s Church in Albany to the Contemporary Artists Center at Woodside, 71 Old Mill St. in Troy.
At the CAC, Rest Fest can use two venues — the former Woodside Church and a smaller building on the grounds.
Music starts at 2:25 p.m. with indie rockers Walking X-Ray, the first of a dozen bands performing until nearly midnight. Also on the docket are Rebel Darling, the Titanics, Pony in the Pancake, The Slaughterhouse Chorus, The Firs, Bear Grass, No Kill, Rival Galaxies, Hammer Hawk, The Parlor and Eastbound Jesus.
The all-day event costs $25, not bad for 12 bands.
But if that’s too much for you — or if you’re just looking for more local music on more local stages — there are plenty of free shows this weekend and beyond.
Here’s a sampling:
• Freedom Park, Scotia. Shows start at 7 p.m., rain or shine, but not during “dangerous weather.”
Sunday: The Brian Patneaude Quartet
Wednesday: Skeeter Creek
Sunday, Aug. 24: Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company
Wednesday, August 27: Wild Adriatic
• Tuesday Nights in the Park, Cook Park amphitheater, Colonie. 6 p.m.
Tuesday: The Rymanowski Brothers
Aug. 26: Hair of the Dog
• Jazz on Jay, Jay Street Pedestrian Mall, Schenectady, Thursdays at noon.
Thursday: The Dylan Canterbury Quartet
Aug. 28: Keith Pray’s Soul Jazz Revival
Sept. 4: The Frank Capri Show
• Wiswall Park, Ballston Spa, 6 p.m. Thursdays.
Thursday: Studio Two: The Beatles Tribute
Aug. 28: Wild Adriatic
• UpBeat on the Roof, Skidmore College’s Tang Museum, Saratoga Springs. 7 p.m.
Friday: Mike Perkins & Friends
• Riverlink Concerts, Riverlink Park, Amsterdam. 7 p.m. Saturdays
Saturday: Skeeter Creek
Aug. 30: The Joey Thomas Big Band
• Shepard Park, Lake George, 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Wednesday: The Out Of Control Rhythm & Blues Band
Aug. 27: The Pine Leaf Boys
• Rockin’ On the River, Riverfront Park, Troy, Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
Wednesday: Almost Queen (Queen tribute), with Vito 3
Aug. 27: ZOSO (Led Zeppelin tribute), with the Troy Music Academy All-Stars
• Schaghticoke Summer Concerts, Schaghticoke Town Hall lawn, Melrose, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: Hair of the Dog
• Rotterdam Summer Concert Series, Senior Citizen’s Center, 2639 Hamburg St., 7 p.m. Mondays. Rain or shine.
Monday: David Ciucevich
Aug. 25: Rotterdam Senior Center Talent Show
• Dana Park Concert Series, Madison Avenue and Lark Street, 7 p.m. Mondays. Rain site: Lionheart Pub, 448 Madison Ave.
Monday: The Pine Hill String Band
Aug. 25: Shadowland