A roaring fire tore through a Grange Road home Wednesday evening, fire officials reported, killing one of its residents.
A neighbor of the residence that burned, 21 Grange Road, said said she and her family were eating dinner with the blinds drawn down on their windows, as they normally do, so they didn’t notice the fire immediately. A friend who knew the address of the fire but not its location called to ask her where it was in relation to her home.
“I said it’s right across the street,” recalled the woman, who did not want to be identified by name in this story.
“When I looked out the door, I said, ‘Oh my God!’ The whole thing was engulfed in the front.”
Further details were not available as crews remained on the scene.