“Repeat a lie often enough and soon it will become the truth:” Joseph Goebbels, 1933 Nazi Germany. I am afraid the mainstream media has fallen victim to the Goebbels approach. Keep digging up lies about President Trump and repeating them, like with the dossier.
No one is completely happy with any president, but he has achieved some major accomplishments unmentioned by the mainstream media. Here’s a partial this list:
- The Tax Cut and Reform Bill — Let it roll out and see how many people are as upset as the media projects. Lots of lies about the bill has caused great confusion. Gov. Mario Como famously said words to the effect of “Corporations don’t vote, so let’s tax them.” We know what happened as a result, as corporations exited the state.
- Appointment of conservative judges, starting Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.
- Roll-back of regulations — I don’t hear the business community complaining.
- The travel ban — President Trump is trying to accomplish what President Obama started and is making progress.
- Crackdown on federal money being spent on abortions. Planned Parenthood and others keep skirting the law. Houston and Florida rebuilding efforts would be helped with some of the $400 million used to kill babies.
- Assisting Iraq and others in the elimination of barbaric ISIS. Some 98 percent of ISIS territory has been returned.
Many Trump supporters would like to see the tweeting more controlled.
But when a large proportion of the media (Gazette included) insists on demeaning everything the president and his class-act wife do, then he has to get his word out somehow.
There are lots of good ideas out there. But if they are prefaced with name-calling, then they will go nowhere. We are all Americans and should have our country’s best interest at heart.
Gerard F. Havasy