SARATOGA COUNTY — Four legal professionals in Saratoga County were among the county's top earners in 2017.
Saratoga County District Attorney Karen Heggen topped the list with $183,000 in total compensation. County Attorney Stephen Dorsey came in third place with $141,329, followed by Public Defender Oscar Schreiber in fourth with $136,650. Dorsey's first assistant, Hugh Burke, was in ninth place with $114,336.
County Administrator Spencer Hellwig was second with $157,019, and Hellwig's deputy county administrator, Chad Cooke, was in sixth with $127,286.
Keith Manz, commissioner of public works, was in seventh place with $124,790, and Manz's deputy commissioner was in 10th place with $114,336.
Top 10 earners among county employees in 2017:
- Karen Heggen, district attorney, $183,000
- Spencer Hellwig, county administrator, $157,019
- Stephen Dorsey, county attorney, $141,329
- Oscar Schreiber, public defender, $136,650
- Michael Zurlo, county sheriff, $131,549
- Chad Cooke, deputy county administrator, $127,286
- Keith Manz, commissioner of public works, $124, 790
- Tina Potter, commissioner of social services, $124,167
- Jason Kemper, director of planning, $115,220
- Hugh Burke, first assistant to county attorney, $114,336
- Thomas Speziale, deputy commissioner of public works, $114,336