GUILDERLAND — Students at Guilderland's Lynnwood Elementary School were evacuated Thursday morning after a fire began in an electrical motor at about 10 a.m., according to a notice posted on the district website.
The students were taken to Guilderland High School. While the fire was put out, the building was without power, according to the district notice.
The Guilderland Fire Department responded to what was described as a small fire and helped with the evacuation; the fire has been extinguished, according to the notice.
Students were kept warm in buses before they were transported to the high school, where they were going to be fed lunch and housed until the end of the school day. Students could be picked up at the high school's west gymnasium entrance, and they were to be bused home as usual at the end of the school day.