A portion of West Circular Street was under construction on Tuesday, as part of an emergency sewer repair that is expected to keep the roadway closed for about two weeks.
The street is closed between Aletta and Elm streets, where South Franklin and Beekman streets intersect with Circular.
The following alternate routes should be used during the construction period:
- Beekman Street and South Franklin Street: Southbound traffic from Grand Avenue should be limited to residents only and will be closed at Ash Street.
- West Circular Street west of the closure at Elm Street: All traffic in this area should be limited to residents only.
- Through traffic for points East should be gained by using West Avenue to Grand Avenue or Washington Street / Route 29.
- West Circular Street east of the closure at Aletta Street: All traffic can use Aletta Street, Union Street or Hamilton Street for points South.
- Access to Saratoga Springs High School can be gained by using one of three routes not associated with West Circular Street: Washington Street/Route 29 to West Avenew and then South on West Avenue; Grand Avenue to West Avenue and then South on West Avenue; Route 50 South/Ballston Avenue to Congress Avenue, West on Congress Avenue and then North on West Avenue.