ALBANY - A 13-month-old girl ingested heroin left out at home by her mother after her mother passed out using the drug, police said Wednesday.
The mother awoke, discovered the child and drove the girl to the St. Peter's Hospital emergency room, where hospital staff administered Narcan on the girl to reverse the effects of the drug. The girl was later taken to Albany Medical Center for further treatment. She was in stable condition Wednesday, police said.
Police arrested the mother, identified as Carli Donovan, 25, of Albany and charged her with one count of first-degree reckless endangerment, a felony, and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
Police determined the mother used heroin in their home and became unconscious and incapable of caring for the child. During that time, the child found some of her heroin.
Donovan was arraigned and ordered held.