COLONIE -- Five men and three women -- including one woman from Schenectady -- were arrested Wednesday and charged with prostitution-related offenses, police said.
Undercover officers used online websites and social media platforms to arrange meetings at locations in the town, police said.
The investigation began after police received information from town residents and business personnel and tips from Capital Region Crime Stoppers, police said. Reports of prostitution activity in other jurisdictions also played a part in the operation. State police also worked on the case.
Colonie police charged the men with third-degree patronizing a prostitute, a misdemeanor. Police identified them as:
- Igor Epstein, 34, of Winter Street, Troy
- Khas-Erdene Ganbaatar, 29, of Pawling Avenue, Troy
- Mohammed A. Majid, 50, of Balboa Drive, Latham
- Ronald L. Peterson, 64, of Concord Drive, Colonie
- Dustin T. Ratliff, 28, of Red Rock, Oklahoma
Epstein, Ganbaatar, Majid and Peterson all were released on appearance tickets. Ratliff was released on $400 bail.
The women all were charged with prostitution. Police identified them as:
- Chiquita L. Carradine, 29, of Las Vegas, Nevada
- Amna O. Eishiekh, 27, of Alvey Street, Schenectady
- Shanavia I. Mcneal, 24, of Manning Square, Albany
Carradine was released on $250 bail. Eishiekh and Mcneal were sent to Albany County Jail.