SCHENECTADY - The New York State Attorney General Friday released a lengthy report into the in-custody death of Andrew Kearse in Schenectady last year.
The report was released as a grand jury cleared city officer Mark Weekes of wrongdoing in Kearse's death. The Attorney General, however, recommended systemic changes in how medical emergencies with those in custody are treated.
- Story: Grand jury declines charges against Schenectady officer, Oct. 19, 2018
- Video: Attorney General releases video in Andrew Kearse in-custody death, Oct. 19, 2018
The full report:
- Schenectady police officer on unpaid leave related to in-custody death, Aug. 2, 2018
- Widow sues over husband's death in Schenectady police car, July 10, 2018
- Audio released of man who died in Schenectady police custody, Feb. 16, 2018
- March held for man who died in Schenectady police custody, Feb. 10, 2018
- Witness: Police said man who died in custody was 'faking', May 12, 2017