SCHENECTADY — Five people are facing charges after a prostitution sting operation in Schenectady last week, authorities said.
City police worked with state police on the sting Wednesday. In all, four people were charged with prostitution and one with patronizing a prostitute. Both charges are misdemeanors.
The accused prostitutes are accused of offering oral sex to an undercover officer in exchange for $40. The man accused of patronizing a prostitute is accused of offering $50 to an undercover officer in exchange for intercourse, according to police allegations filed in court.
- Charlotte Ashby, 30, of Albany Street, Schenectady, was charged with prostitution in the area of Albany Street and Kelton Avenue.
- Eva Berger, 42, of Third Avenue, Schenectady, was charged with prostitution on State Street, near Swan.
- India Becker, 39, of Edison Avenue, Schenectady, was charged with prostitution in the area of Paige and Strong streets.
- Dennis Vega Llanos, 29, of Albany Street, Schenectady, was charged with prostitution in the area of Duane and Kelton avenues.
- Andree Byrd, 45, of Forest Road, Schenectady, was charged with patronizing a prostitute on State Street, near Eagle.
- Schenectady man pleads guilty in rape, sex abuse cases after cellphone video found, Dec. 10, 2018
- Saratoga County man sentenced for lying in attempt to buy firearm, Dec. 11, 2018
- Schoharie limo crash: Lawmakers pitch change to federal stretch limo law, Dec. 11, 2018