GLENVILLE - A Friday night sobriety checkpoint in Glenville resulted in the arrests of three impaired drivers, authorities said.
State police, Glenville police and the Schenectady County Sheriff's Office conducted the checkpoint on Freemans Bridge Road in Glenville to check for drunk drivers on the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Extra patrol cars were also assigned to the area.
Two drivers were charged with driving while intoxicated while another was charged with driving while impaired by drugs, state police said.
According to the sheriff's office, the three arrested and their charges were:
- Christopher T. Schlueter, 22, of Schenectady, driving while intoxicated. His blood alcohol content tested at 0.11 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08.
- Jared E. Davis, 28, of Scotia, driving while intoxicated. His blood alcohol content tested at 0.16 percent.
- Elbert J. Cevallos, 37, of Rensselaer, driving while ability impaired by drugs and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The checkpoint came on a weekend that has seen multiple DWI arrests and DWI-related crashes, including Saturday afternoon's double-fatal crash in Clifton Park that killed two, seriously injured three others. The driver in that crash faces aggravated vehicular homicide and other counts.
- Vehicular homicide charged in double-fatal Clifton Park crash; Identities released, May 26, 2019
- Troopers: Drunk Wilton driver causes injury crash there Saturday, May 26, 2019