CHARLTON -- The discovery of an unattended death in the town of Charlton Monday led to a hazmat response due to an unknown liquid discovered, Saratoga County Sheriff's officials said.
The incident happened at about 12:45 p.m. at a residence on Crooked Street, officials said.
Deputies responded there to check on the welfare of a resident and could see from the exterior a man down inside the residence unresponsive, officials said.
Deputies entered the residence and encountered the unknown liquid in one of the rooms. The discovery of the liquid then led deputies to leave, officials said.
Three members of the Sheriff's Department who were exposed to the chemical were treated and released.
The incident was contained to the residence and there is no danger to the public, officials said.
The investigation into the matter is continuing.