CHARLTON - The Saratoga County Sheriff's Office Thursday identified the man in the unattended death case that led to a HazMat incident Monday.
Officials, however, still don't know what the liquid was that they encountered inside the man's home that raised their initial concerns.
Paul W. Jezierski, 70, was found dead inside the Crooked Street residence just after noon Monday by deputies sent there to check on his welfare, officials said.
Responding deputies could see from the exterior Jezierski down inside the residence unresponsive, officials said.
Deputies entered the residence and encountered the unknown liquid in one of the rooms. The discovery of the liquid then led deputies to leave, officials said.
Three members of the Sheriff's Department who were exposed to the chemical were treated and released.
Samples of the liquid were sent off for testing and that testing has been completed, officials said. The testing, however, could not identify the liquid. No further testing on the liquid would be done, officials said.
The investigation into the incident, however, is ongoing.