A native of Glenville and resident of Schenectady's Stockade section, Bill is a 1971 Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake graduate and a 2001 University at Albany graduate, with a degree in history. He has worked as a sportswriter and features writer at the Gazette since 1977. He currently writes monthly Landmarks and Focus on Faith features and also does Q&As, personal profiles, historically-themed stories and theater previews.
Recent articles by Bill Buell:
- Oct 11, 2020 - Author completes look at Schenectady history
- Sep 24, 2020 - Despite fits and starts of recent years, Historic Hotel Broadalbin still on solid footing
- Sep 24, 2020 - No tree these days, but family still loves living in charming Burnt Hills home
- Jul 28, 2020 - More people saying yes to, Tennis Anyone?
- Jul 23, 2020 - Union College community remembers ‘moving’ John Lewis visit
- Jul 8, 2020 - Cap Rep going virtual with New Play Summit
- Jul 4, 2020 - 1918 pandemic had huge impact on Schenectady
- Jun 7, 2020 - Schenectady historian hoping to bring back ‘pedestrianism’
- May 23, 2020 - History Channel series will include Grant Cottage in Wilton
- May 9, 2020 - So many memorable, magic moments at Proctors