A native of Glenville and resident of Schenectady's Stockade section, Bill is a 1971 Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake graduate and a 2001 University at Albany graduate, with a degree in history. He has worked as a sportswriter and features writer at the Gazette since 1977. He currently writes monthly Landmarks and Focus on Faith features and also does Q&As, personal profiles, historically-themed stories and theater previews.
Recent articles by Bill Buell:
- Apr 12, 2021 - Retired Schenectady Police Sgt. Ray Wemple is bid farewell; Died April 5, served for 34 years in blue
- Apr 6, 2021 - Bill Buell’s Electric City Archives: Chester Arthur Zoom session set; New look at Union Col.-connected pres.
- Apr 3, 2021 - Social warrior: Since high school, Schenectady activist Mabel Leon, now 80, has worked to make world better
- Mar 31, 2021 - Empire State Aerosciences Museum to open Friday, plans Concorde replica installation
- Mar 24, 2021 - Singer-songwriter Erin Harkes releasing her first all-comedy album
- Mar 19, 2021 - Bill Buell’s Electric City Archives: Remembering ‘Bowling Ambassador’ Frank Cornicelli
- Mar 17, 2021 - Local theater: Anxious to get back, within reason
- Mar 7, 2021 - Bill Buell’s Electric City Archives: Remembering GE’s Rudy Dehn on his passing at 101; Helped develop microwave
- Mar 7, 2021 - The Osmond Putnam photo collection at Union College and why it’s important for the Adirondacks – and Schenectady
- Feb 28, 2021 - Bill Buell’s Electric City Archives: On the passing of Schenectady’s Bill Ziskin