I have been with The Daily Gazette since 1985, with a focus on high school sports since 1988. Have also covered colleges, recreation sports, Empire State Games.
Graduated from Guilderland High School, Morrisville and Oswego and earned degrees in Journalism Technology and Communications.
Played football and lacrosse at Guilderland. Played baseball throughout my youth starting in the old Altamont Little League. Played for many years on Gazette softball team.
Favorite pro teams: New York Mets, Miami Dolphins, Boston Celtics, New York Rangers.
I enjoy cats, history, painting and crafting, movie comedies, all kinds of music from old country to heavy metal.
Recent articles by Jim Schiltz:
- Nov 27, 2021 - Schenectady boys’ basketball team’s defense dominates Mohonasen
- Nov 21, 2021 - Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake girls’ volleyball rolls to another state championship
- Nov 21, 2021 - Galway girls’ volleyball fights, but falls short in state final
- Nov 20, 2021 - Bishop Gibbons basketball legend gives back in honor of coach
- Nov 14, 2021 - Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake field hockey wins first state title since 1987
- Nov 6, 2021 - Tiny Duanesburg/B-K-W wins Division 2 girls’ swimming and diving title
- Nov 1, 2021 - Greenville tops Mechanicville for Class B boys’ soccer championship
- Oct 31, 2021 - Miller’s goal, O’Neil’s clear lift Shenendehowa field hockey to Section II Class A crown
- Oct 31, 2021 - McCart leads Hoosick Falls past Johnstown for Section II Class C field hockey title
- Oct 31, 2021 - Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake field hockey wins 9th straight Section II Class B crown
- Oct 29, 2021 - Schalmont football rallies to win renewal of ‘Route 7 Rumble’ with Mohonasen
- Oct 28, 2021 - Nonprofits – Inside the box: Schenectady Greenmarket prioritizing access to healthy food