Employee since: 1993
John began his newspaper career as a reporter in 1989 at the Hudson Reporter Newspapers in Hoboken, N.J., and later was a reporter at the Daily Sentinel in Rome, N.Y. He came to The Gazette as a copy editor in 1993 and has worked in various writing, editing and supervisory capacities since then.
Recent articles by John Cropley:
- Jan 26, 2022 - Schenectady’s Transfinder reports revenue up 24th year in a row
- Jan 25, 2022 - 2.6% Capital Region unemployment rate lowest in a third of a century
- Jan 25, 2022 - GE reports net loss, decreased revenue amid challenges of 2021
- Jan 24, 2022 - MVP adds virtual primary care; first such option in NY for Medicaid members
- Jan 24, 2022 - N.Y. regulators expand access to medical marijuana program
- Jan 24, 2022 - Saratoga & North Creek Railway’s tracks up for auction
- Jan 21, 2022 - $603M in bets during first nine days of online sports wagering in N.Y.
- Jan 21, 2022 - Compared with the last few weeks, New York’s COVID numbers look good
- Jan 20, 2022 - Three National Grid rate hikes approved through mid-2024
- Jan 20, 2022 - Former Price Chopper CEO to retire as post-merger leader
- Jan 20, 2022 - Study: Low rate of new COVID infections statewide among previously recovered
- Jan 18, 2022 - Hochul proposes $216B state budget for 2022-23