Judy Patrick is editor of and senior vice president of content for The Daily Gazette, a post she has held since June 2013. As editor, she is ultimately responsible for the production of all the company's editorial content.
Her career with The Gazette began in 1982, when she worked as a reporter in the Amsterdam bureau. She spent the next decade in the field as a reporter, working in Gazette bureaus in Saratoga Springs, Ballston Spa and Mechanicville.
She eventually moved to The Gazette's main office in Schenectady, where she has over the years held a variety of positions including managing editor, day city editor, assistant city editor, an arts reporter and editor and a reporter assigned to the Sunday paper.
She grew up in Washington County and graduated, summa cum laude and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa, from the University at Albany in 1978 with a degree in English literature.
She and her husband, Steve, have one grown daughter and two grandsons, Caden and Sawyer. She has hiked all 46 of the Adirondack High Peaks and enjoys swimming, running and gardening.
Recent articles by Judy Patrick:
- Mar 12, 2021 - GUEST COLUMN: We need a refresher in democratic values
- Mar 26, 2018 - Trump administration expels 60 Russian officers in response to attack on former spy in Britain
- Jun 8, 2017 - If you love to run and race, summertime is prime time
- May 27, 2017 - Patrick: Aggression against reporters is threat to free press
- Feb 9, 2017 - Editorial: Don’t try to pass entire voting reform package all at once
- Jan 1, 2017 - Trump ran campaign to win Electoral College
- Dec 31, 2016 - Just can’t catch break from the government
- Dec 28, 2016 - testjim
- Nov 6, 2016 - Fake news: Do your part to see it for what it is
- Oct 3, 2016 - Cans playing a larger role for small brewers
- Sep 30, 2016 - Schenectady gets its own Euro sticker
- Aug 5, 2016 - Why we love Marylou Whitney
- Jul 29, 2016 - 10 things to bet on at Saratoga track