Michael Kelly is the sports editor for The Daily Gazette.
Kelly grew up in Clifton Park and graduated from Shenendehowa High School in 2006. He is also a 2010 graduate of the Stony Brook University School of Journalism.
Kelly's work has been honored by the New York News Publishers Association, the New York State Associated Press Association, and the Associated Press Sports Editors. His work has previously been featured in The (Amsterdam) Recorder, The Saratogian, and Albany Times Union.
Recent articles by Michael Kelly:
- Aug 8, 2020 - UAlbany basketball’s Fruscio gets graduate assistant job at East Carolina
- Jul 7, 2020 - Camper’s return cements Siena as MAAC men’s basketball favorite
- Jul 9, 2020 - Manny Camper returning to Siena men’s basketball for senior season
- Jul 5, 2020 - Siena won’t have fall sports, but is holding out hope for basketball season
- Jul 12, 2020 - UAlbany postpones all fall sports competitions
- Jul 9, 2020 - MAAC further delays fall sports; Siena’s D’Argenio ‘getting concerned’ about basketball season
- Jul 8, 2020 - Reports: CAA football canceling fall season; League includes UAlbany
- Jul 7, 2020 - Saint Rose athletic competition suspended through end of 2020
- Jul 1, 2020 - Siena men’s basketball adds Belmont transfer Hopkins
- Jul 6, 2020 - Carey leaving Siena men’s basketball