Stephen is a 30-year veteran journalist. A graduate of Boston University, where he cut classes to go to Fenway Park, he worked for the Amsterdam Recorder before joining the Gazette's Schoharie County bureau in 1979. He has covered Saratoga County for more than 25 years, concentrating on county-wide issues and the communities of Ballston Spa, Malta and Charlton. He writes a weekly column, Off the Northway, which won honorable mention in the New York State Associated Press writing contest in 2007. People who know his laid-back manner are surprised at how much coffee he drinks.
Recent articles by Stephen Williams:
- Nov 6, 2022 - Election 2022: 10 candidates on the ballot for 6 state Supreme Court judgeships
- May 26, 2022 - Travel 2022: A seaside resort rich in history, scenery in Newport, R.I.
- May 26, 2022 - Travel 2022: Hudson Valley charm, art and dining — without the crowds
- Mar 26, 2022 - Return to normalcy expected for tourism, though gas prices and war pose threats
- Feb 24, 2022 - Outlook 2022: Schenectady a home for state workers; Agencies employ hundreds downtown, beyond
- Feb 24, 2022 - Outlook 2022: Fluor, the company behind KAPL, has been involved with military, nuclear work since WWII
- Jul 4, 2021 - Saratoga Springs Firecracker 4 Road Race returns today
- Jun 24, 2021 - Adam Israel announces Saratoga finance commissioner run
- Jun 23, 2021 - Saratoga County primary results
- Jun 22, 2021 - Saratoga County HR director replaced in divisive board vote
- Jun 21, 2021 - Saratoga County’s Schneider joining state Economic Development Council as deputy director
- Jun 20, 2021 - Handful of primaries Tuesday in Saratoga County