Zachary Matson has been The Daily Gazette's education reporter since October 2015. Prior to joining the Gazette, he covered schools, local government, and the environment in Arizona and Missouri. Zach grew up in suburban Kansas City and studied at the Missouri School of Journalism. He lives in Corinth with his wife, Gwen, and enjoys his free time hiking in the Adirondacks or making dinner.
Recent articles by Zachary Matson:
- Sep 5, 2020 - Montgomery County officials eye boost to coroner’s budget
- Sep 1, 2020 - Cuomo promises school-level testing results; Districts say they don’t collect data on COVID-19
- Aug 10, 2020 - ‘We have been robbed:’ Shen grads, students call for district to do more for marginalized students
- Aug 1, 2020 - Amsterdam schools will now give families choice for all-remote option
- Aug 12, 2020 - Local lawmakers call for school-focused COVID testing plan
- Aug 4, 2020 - What happens if there’s a Covid case in a school?
- Aug 12, 2020 - Child Victims Act lawsuit window extended to August 2021
- Aug 4, 2020 - Mohonasen gets one-week extension as reopening plans roll in
- Aug 2, 2020 - Private schools also preparing for September return
- Aug 11, 2020 - K-12 reopening details emerge as Capital Region districts lay out plans